Autistic people (or people with Autism Spectrum Disorder - ASD) in Australia will:
- live as independently as they can; and
- choose and achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
All Australians will:
- remove barriers to the participation and achievement of autistic people (or people with ASD), their families and carers;
- recognise and value the contributions that autistic people (or people with ASD), their families and carers make to their community;
- respect and appreciate the diversity that autistic people bring to their community and to the nation; and
- ensure autistic people (or people with ASD), their families and carers can receive, in a timely manner, the education, treatment, services, support, protections, participation and opportunities that they need.
Autism Aspergers Advocacy Australia will:
- advocate nationally for progress towards our vision;
- educate and inform people in Australia about Autism Spectrum Disorder; and
- monitor and report on issues and outcomes relating to autistic people (or people with ASD) and their associates.
A4 hopes that one day, it will not be needed: that Australian government and society will recognise and address the support needs of autistic people without needing a frank and forthright organisation to promote their interests.